Best Monitor for Video Editing – Our Top 9 Picks: Get 4K Monitors NOW!
If you’re looking for the best monitor for video editing, you’ve come to the right place. It doesn’t matter if you are a professional or a beginner in video editing—getting yourself a top-grade monitor can exponentially help you create stunning projects.
Yet, with all the monitors and brands nowadays, we understand that looking for the ideal monitor may not be easy. There are many factors to consider: video resolution, bit rate, dynamic range, color fidelity, price, and more.
So we did the job, filtered the different 4K monitors in the market, and made this list of our top picks of the best monitors for video editing.
Table of Contents
The top 9 best monitor for video editing
In this list, we considered the critical features of monitors: brightness uniformity, resolution, and color accuracy are just some of the criteria we have thought of. Yes, we spent lots of time vetting through each Best monitor for video editing to ensure you get the best choices.
- 28 inches 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) with 1ms response time and Adaptive Sync/AMD Free Sync for immersive, crisp visuals featuring Display Port and dual HDMI connectivity; Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 170°(H)/160°(V). HDCP : Yes
- ASUS Eye Care technology lowers blue light and eliminates flickering to reduce eyestrain and ailments. Display colors is 1073.7 M 10 bit and maximum contrast ratio is 1000 : 1. It can allow a Adaptive Sync/Free Sync supported graphics source to dynamically adjust display refresh rate based on typical content frame rates for power efficient, virtually stutter free and low latency display update
A wide monitor for a better viewing experience? Why not? The Asus VP28UQG is a 28-inch monitor with a 4K Ultra HD Display. It also offers an impressive 3840×2160 display resolution and a 157PPI pixel density, making your high-definition videos appear more vivid and realistic.
Furthermore, this Best monitor for video editing features a fast 1ms response time, making sure you will not suffer through smearing and motion blur when editing or watching videos.
This fast response time also allows for Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync supported graphics sources to modify display fresh rates and remove screen tearing for a smoother visual.
- AOC 32" (31. 5" viewable) widescreen monitor with 4K UHD 3840x2160 resolution.Specific uses for product - Personal
- Super-Curve 1500R VA panel that displays more accurate colors with wide-viewing angles that comform better to the natural curvature of your eyes
Last but not least, the AOC CU32V3 is hands-down one of the best monitors for video editing today. It features Screen+ technology that enables you to view different segments, improving your productivity and work efficiency. This is a great feature for anyone who is working on big or multiple projects.
The 32-inch curved display renders visuals at a stunning 3840×2160 resolution. The 4K UHD monitor also features Super-Color WIde color gamut with 121% coverage. Plus, the advanced VA panels in this monitor is perfect for wide viewing angle.
Not just that, the AOC CU32V3 has 89.8% DCI-P3 coverage and a 90% RGB to display your color accurately. It is also excellent for work and intensive graphics design projects, thanks to its 16.7 million display colors and 250 nits of brightness.
AOC CU32V3 also features a Kensington Security Slot as an added layer of security.
- 27" UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) Widescreen IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Display
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz (OverClocking to 144Hz) - Using 2 Display Ports
The Acer Predator XB273K is not just for gaming but also for video editing and graphics design. It features a wide 27-inch display with excellent speed and color performance. It also features an IPS panel that supports a speedy refresh rate of 144Hz.
Moreover, this monitor is G-SYNC compatible, which means you can enjoy watching your footage at ultra high definition and 4K quality with its richer and more vibrant colors.
The Acer Predator XB273K has VESA DisplayHDR 400 certification and a 90% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, making sure you get accurate color and contrast. These features are what make this model one of the best monitor for video editing.
- 32-inch QLED hardware calibrated display provides an extremely sharp and color-accurate picture in stunning 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 resolution
- 2 HDMI Ports, 1 DisplayPort, 1 mini DisplayPort, and a 4-port USB 3.0 Hub with fast charge capabilities provide a variety of ways to connect all your devices
Samsung really knows how to make devices with impressive displays. The Samsung UH850 monitor is designed for professional video editors who simply want the best of the best.
This Samsung monitor has a lot to offer. One, the eye-saver mode lowers the blue light levels to reduce eye fatigue—a feature you will love if you work long hours for video production.
Plus, the flicker-free technology in this monitor ensures you won’t experience flickering on all levels of brightness. On the other hand, it also has a Black Equalizer feature for a better viewing experience at 20 varying dark level values.
Samsung UH850 is factory-calibrated, which means you do not need to calibrate the color yourself.
With all these features considered, it’s safe to say that the Samsung UH850 is one of the best monitor for video editing.
- PREMIUM MONITOR: 4K UHD (3840x2160p) advanced ergonomic, 60Hz IPS monitor deliver lifelike colors perfect for office, graphic design, photographers and more
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A four-sided ultra-thin bezel shows off more of your masterpiece, and less of the monitor
If you are looking for Best monitor for video editing capable of displaying life-like images and ultra-clear 4K videos, then the ViewSonic VP2768-4K is the right choice for you.
This monitor can display 8 million pixels in high density, making it possible to view videos at Ultra HD 3840×2160 quality.
The ViewSonic VP2768-4K is factory-calibrated and can achieve an impressive color accuracy at Delta E<2 value. It also features a comprehensive report for Rec. 709, EBU, sRGB, SMPTE-C, and DICOM-SIM color spaces.
Should you require REC 709/EBU/SMPT-C standards, this monitor won’t let you down.
- COMPLETE IMMERSION IN TRUE DETAIL: Combining the realism of 4K UHD images with Samsung’s industry-leading 1500R curved screen, the Samsung UR59C delivers an immersive viewing experience like no other
- 4K UHD DISPLAY: With 4x more pixels than Full HD, UR59C fits more content on screen and resolves images in finer detail; 4K UHD lets you view documents & webpages w/ less scrolling, work w/ multiple windows and see more detail in photos, videos & games
A perfect monitor that’s genuinely a bang for your buck? Check out this Samsung UR5910C. The most prominent feature of this device is its ingenious 1500R curved screen Best monitor for video editing with a 4K ultra-high-definition display, giving you an immersive experience.
Plus, it has an impressive upscaling technology that enhances and analyzes signals to convert SD, HD, and Full HD images and videos to an almost 4K ultra-high-definition quality level.
This monitor offers a wide range of colors and darker blacks, supporting a 2500:1 contrast ratio and over a billion hues. With this Best monitor for video editing, you will enjoy a realistic and vivid viewing experience.
- 27 inch 4k UHD resolution (3840 X 2160) IPS display
- HDR 10 Compatibility
Another one on our list is the LG 27UK850-W, which is a 4K UHD 27-inch monitor. It is capable of displaying Ultra HD content with impressive color accuracy. The IPS technology allows for vivid viewing even when facing the screen at different angles.
It is HDCP 2.2 compatible and offers USB Type-C connectivity, ensuring you can display your content from different devices, including external hard drives and memory sticks.
Moreover, the LG 27UK850-W monitor is compatible with the industry-standard HDR10. And it also supports specific levels of color and brightness more than other standard monitors can.
As for color reproduction, the sRGB Color Gamut covers over 99 percent of the spectrum, making this ideal for those who are looking for accurate color displays.
Considering these impressive features, we can boldly say that the LG 27UK850-W is one of the best monitor for video editing.
- AOC 27” 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 UHD LED monitor.Specific uses for product - Multimedia
- Ips panel with wide Viewing angles and produces over 1 billion colors for rich details
One look at the AOC U2790VQ monitor, you will immediately be stunned by the frameless design, giving you more screen space and aesthetics.
This 4K UHD frameless monitor offers a 27-inch display and can render content at 3840×2160 pixels quality, with sharper, brighter, and more vibrant colors. The IPS panels allow the production of vivid colors that don’t change when viewed at different angles.
Aside from these features, this AOC monitor features a wide color gamut for smoother color transitions at an expanded ten-bit color—something most standard monitors fail to achieve.
Moreover, you can switch to LowBlue mode to protect your eyes from strain and fatigue. The FlickerFree technology also ensures to keep your eye health at peak.
Is this worth the buy? Only you can tell. Nevertheless, with all the features considered, we can say this is one of the best monitor for video editing.
- ColorEdge CG279X 27" 2560x1440 Hardware Calibration LCD Monitor (Black) - USB Type-C - DisplayPort - AC Power Cord - USB Cable - Screen Cleaner - Monitor Hood - Original Box
- Built-In Sensor to Automate Your Workflow
In video editing, your monitor must be accurate when showing off colors. Typically, editors use a third-party device to calibrate their monitor’s color, but this can only add unnecessary costs.
With ColorEdge CG279X, you won’t have to worry about getting calibration devices. This monitor is equipped with a built-in sensor that enables you to work on your projects even while it is recalibrating. This feature alone tells us this is perhaps one of the best monitors for video editing.
It features ColorNavigator 7—an exclusive proprietary and quality control software that enables efficient color management. This software connects you to ColorNavigator Network, which provides centralized quality control throughout all ColorEdge Best monitor for video editing.
The administrators will then set your colors accurately, register them, and adjust the asset management settings. You can also schedule self-calibration. This software is hosted on a secure cloud server.
All Digital School is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Conclusion of Best monitor for video editing
If you want efficiency, color accuracy, realistic hues, and impressive performance, you best pick your monitor from this list of the best monitors for video editing. Of course, select the Best monitor for video editing that best fits your needs. Some of the things to consider when buying a monitor are screen dimensions, panel types, and resolution.
Is a curved monitor great for Photoshop?
We don’t exactly recommend using a curved monitor for Photoshop. When editing images, you might get distorted images because of the planar sensors on digital cameras.
Are curved monitors great for video editing?
Yes. Curved monitors offer an immersive view, which is excellent if you want to maintain a constant focus on it from a distance. When you reduce constant focus shifts, you put less strain on your eyes. Compared with standard flat screens, you might find curved monitors to be more comfortable.