You need to log in to create posts and topics.  Register / Login here  OR  

How are you entertaining your children at home?

Did you set up a schedule for them to follow at home, with separate time for school work?

Quote from Amy on March 23, 2020, 4:24 pm

Did you set up a schedule for them to follow at home, with separate time for school work?

You may find this Schedule template useful to make your own schedule for your kids. I find having a schedule is good for the kids because they know what they should be doing throughout the day. I also put in my schedule things like "Screen Time" (educational app for my kid), "Play Time/Free Time" where my kid chooses a physical game/toy to play with, "Relax Time" and so on. Basically make sure you don't insist on your child to do "school work" for too long. To be honest, I don't expect my child to do a full 6 hours of school work time, I give him a couple of activities to do per day. He is 6 years old.

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/online-learning-support-templates-12269298?fbclid=IwAR2t4fX1D4vH430e3qomazOmKtI7K0IjCparUtQ3au-tqQ7iB-EYlD0c0vk

Quote from Hannah on March 23, 2020, 7:28 pm

You may find this Schedule template useful to make your own schedule for your kids. I find having a schedule is good for the kids because they know what they should be doing throughout the day. I also put in my schedule things like "Screen Time" (educational app for my kid), "Play Time/Free Time" where my kid chooses a physical game/toy to play with, "Relax Time" and so on. Basically make sure you don't insist on your child to do "school work" for too long. To be honest, I don't expect my child to do a full 6 hours of school work time, I give him a couple of activities to do per day. He is 6 years old.

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/online-learning-support-templates-12269298?fbclid=IwAR2t4fX1D4vH430e3qomazOmKtI7K0IjCparUtQ3au-tqQ7iB-EYlD0c0vk

Thank you so much Hannah for your ideas! I like the schedule template. I will give it a try.

May I suggest an activity that involves recycling items as well... Here's an example.

It doesn't need a lot of preparation, but it will already keep them busy!

I have an organized schedule for my kids, and thankfully so far it's working and they are cooperating. Try to set schedules for Simple House Chores, Study Time and Playtime. Make sure you're involved, the kids really appreciate it when you do things with them.  I'm also created a start chart for them, every time they do something great I give them stars, this will allow your kid to feel that sense of accomplishment and at the same time motivate them to do their best.

Right on!