Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What are some good learning materials or toys for children that don't involve digital apps or streaming?

Hi, everyone. I have an 8-year-old here at home.

Can you suggest some good learning materials for us? Perhaps an eBook or an online learning resource?

It doesn't need to be really in-depth, just an educational but fun learning material. I prefer it not to be an app, please. Thanks!!

Project Gutenberg, ReadWorks.org —these are just some of the good ones. Project Gutenberg has loads of free fiction books. ReadWorks has a good collection of non-fiction books. They are also giving free remote resources to teachers and parents at the moment. Their ReadWorks Article-A-Day™ program also aims to improve the reading comprehension of students—if you're looking for courses that improve that, this might be a good jumpstart.

Quote from Amy on March 26, 2020, 9:41 pm

Project Gutenberg, ReadWorks.org —these are just some of the good ones. Project Gutenberg has loads of free fiction books. ReadWorks has a good collection of non-fiction books. They are also giving free remote resources to teachers and parents at the moment. Their ReadWorks Article-A-Day™ program also aims to improve the reading comprehension of students—if you're looking for courses that improve that, this might be a good jumpstart.

Thanks, Amy!! We just checked out ReadWorks and we're now registered. My daughter explored the site earlier.

So glad to have found this thread! Thank you!!!! 🙂