Our Top 9 Picks of Best iPhone Filmmaking Lighting
All Digital School is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Apple takes smartphone filmmaking seriously. In fact, the iPhone 11 Pro Max has a 13mm Ultrawide Angle that many experts call a bona fide film camera. With such a powerful device, you will need the best lighting to film cinematic footage. This guide will show you our top 9 picks of the best iPhone filmmaking lighting available today.
- 1 The Best iPhone Filmmaking Lighting
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 Related Questions
The Best iPhone Filmmaking Lighting
Whether you are recording your travel, a vlog, a music video, or a mini-movie, light kids can always take your films to the next level. Below are some of our top picks that won’t let you down—from rigs with lights to professional studio LED lights, you’ll definitely find a gem that will suit your needs.
Movo SmartCine Kit
- ALL-IN-ONE SMARTPHONE VIDEO KIT: Features a universal phone rig, wide-angle and fisheye lenses, built-in stereo microphone and LED light
- SMARTPHONE RIG: Adjustable frip to fit smartphones between 2.2" - 3.8", adjustable viewfinder to align the lens mount to any smartphone, tripod mountable grip handle with wrist strap
- STEREO MICROPHONE: Delivers crystal-clear audio directly to your phone, has an on-board PAD switch and low cut filter. Powered by the internal SmartCine rechargeable battery
- LED LIGHT: 36 Brilliant white LED'S deliver 46 lumens of light; three output levels. Powered by the internal SmartCine rechargable battery
First on our list is the Movo SmartCine Kit, which features a rig, top-notch stereo microphone, and LED light. Aside from that, it also offers wide-angle and fisheye lenses for your iPhone. The rig and mount from this kit are also compatible with other smartphones and tripods.
This kit comes with a wrist strap, so you can continue to take spontaneous shots when traveling or making fast movements.
The LED light gives you 46 lumens of light powered by a rechargeable battery. It’s bright enough to illuminate your subject in low-light places. And as for the audio, you’ll hear it 100% crystal clear.
All in all, Movo SmartCine Kit is perfect for iPhone filmmaking—it’s compact, portable, and versatile.
PULUZ Smartphone Video Rig Kit
- Filmmaker Phone rig: equipped with 3 cold shoe mounts to attach microphones, video lights and tripod etc.
- Studio Light: Support lithium battery power input or 4 x AA batteries (lithium battery nor AA batteries not included), more convenient to use.
- Microphone: Fit any device that have 3.5mm MIC socket and hot shoe. Frequency response: 30-15000Hz. Sensitivity: -40dB+/-2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa at 1KHZ).
- Attention: The Microphone is come with 2 cables, one is for Camera, one is for Smartphone. Please use the correct cables for your device.
If you want a complete video rig kit for your iPhone, consider PULUZ. Each component of this kit is durable and designed to step up your filmmaking experience. This rig kit includes an attached studio light, phone rig, a 3.5mm microphone with cables for iPhone or camera, a cold shoe head, and a mini tripod. This is perfect for films that require camera rotation and tilting.
On the other hand, the LED light provides excellent brightness, which works perfectly in rooms with morning ambient lighting. You can also modify the brightness from white to warm.
LUMIMUSE 8 LED Light
- Round catch light rather than a square, ideal for portraits
- Dimmable SMT Technology with a 95% CRI
- USB socket for software updates
- Integrated rechargeable battery
LUMMIMUSE is an excellent, cost-effective, portable LED light. It’s available in several variants—3 LED, 6 LED, 8 LED, and 8 LED with Bluetooth. The catchlight is structured like a circle instead of a square, which makes it ideal for portrait photography, selfies, and vlogs. It comes with a rechargeable battery, a mini tripod, interchangeable filters, and a USB socket. You may attach this LED light to a tripod using the hot shoe mount.
As for the light quality, though not very optimal, it still does an excellent job. It offers a Lux input of 500, ideal for close-up scenes and medium shots in moderately lit rooms.
Nevertheless, if you’re looking for a handy secondary light source for your film, this is an excellent choice.
GVM 2 Pack LED Video Lighting Kits
- Led video lighting kit with app control 2020 upgrade video lighting kit app control model whose Color temperature is between 2300k-6800k and high brightness is between 10%-100% has a new addition of digital display screen accurately displaying the parameters
- Adjustable light board The video Lighting’s light is distributed and with an adjustable soft board it’s very helpful for portrait and video
- Ac/ DC power options wireless operation with AC adapter (supplied) or Sony NP-F550 np-f970 Li-ion battery (not included)
- Metal shell and u-shaped frame featured with the durable aluminum alloy shell The video lights have excellent heat dissipation effect With an adjustable U-shaped bracket the video light can be put on the light stand or on the ground
Another best iPhone filmmaking lighting is the GVM 2 Pack LED Video Lighting Kit. The two lights in this kit provide 2300k to 6800k of brightness that you can adjust from 10% to 100%.
If you want to view the parameters, you can check them on the digital display screen. Also, this kit comes with an AC adapter, diffusers, a U-shaped bracket, and an adjustable soft board.
What many users love about the GVM lighting kit is its light quality, given its economical price. By using this light kit, you can achieve high-quality output without too much effort. The light from this kit blends well with other light sources and softens shadows.
With that said, you are likely to spend less time adjusting the light in your shot. Having these features in mind, it’s safe to say that this GVM lighting kid is perhaps one of the best iPhone filmmaking lighting products.
Movo Smartphone Video Kit
- ENHANCE YOUR SMARTPHONE: Compatible with smartphones 2.2" to 3.6" wide including iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XS Max and Samsung Galaxy
- EASY TO USE: An easy to assemble smartphone rig that's perfect for on-the-go recording, filming, and vlogging. The perfect iphone vlogging kit or smartphone video kit with light and microphone
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY: We’ve got your back. Our products are designed to ease your technical woes, not add to them. Our friendly US-Based support is here to help
- SMARTPHONE VIDEO RIG: An all-in-one vlogging bundle, each set includes a shotgun mic, smartphone grip, LED light, bluetooth remote and accessories
We have here yet another light kit from Movo. Filmmakers—beginners or professionals—will absolutely love the features of this video kit. First, this kit is modular, meaning you can remove the accessories as you wish. It’s complete with a wind muff, a shotgun mic, a Bluetooth remote, and a grip rig.
Like the first Movo kit mentioned, this light kit has LED-30 with a long-lasting battery life that can last throughout the day. The shotgun mic does a great job at capturing audio clearly.
This Movo video kit is also known for being lightweight, making it perfect for anyone who loves to carry their gear anywhere.
Overall, the Movo Smartphone Video Kit is perfect for outdoor filmmakers looking into a reliable and compact lighting kit for their iPhone.
Iwata Pro 144 LED
- 🌾|PERFECT COLOR FIDELITY|: CRI97 TLCI99 offers Natural, Pristine Color for Broadcast Video, Photography, Television Production and Studio Filmmaking. Better led arrangement brings even soft light
- 🌾|2600-6000K Bicolor Dimmable Led|: Adjust Brightness & Color Temperature via two separate thumbwheels. There are two types of adjustment methods: 5% slow stepping and 10% fast stepping
- 🌾|Smart OLED Display with Gravity Induction|: Similar to a phone screen, Iwata Pro's screen can flip 180 degrees automatically. Read the Battery Capacity/Remain Time/Color Temperature/Brightness intuitively
- 🌾|24W Turbo Mode|: Iwata Pro comes with a bonus Turbo Mode, which goes above 150% of maximum brightness when you need that extra kick, and it can runs for 90 Seconds
If you want a lightweight but heavy-duty video lighting kit, then choose Iwata Pro 144. It’s compact and powerful, making it one of the best iPhone filmmaking lighting kits on the market today.
This kit comes with a Type-C cable, two cases, a cold shoe adapter, and a light diffuser. Not just that, its prominent feature is its eye-candy design.
Iwata Pro 144 LED has 2600 to 6000k bicolor dimmable light. If you want a higher level of brightness, you can run its 24W turbo mode that lasts for about a minute and a half.
The thumbwheels in this lighting kit make it easy to adjust without blinding yourself. You can also film all day, thanks to its long-lasting battery that can last up to 17 hours.
VILTROX Studio Lights Kit
- Kit Includes: (3)Bi-color LED Video Light with hot shoe adapter, (3)Power Adapter, (3)Power Cable, (3) 26inches-75inches Adjustable Light Stand;(1) Remote Controller .(1) carrying bag .Note: Battery is NOT Included.
- Dimmable & Energy Efficient . 3300K (Yellow )-5600K (White) Bi-color, 20%-100% brightness adjustment , 30W/2500LM .Eye-Care, Zero-Radiation, No dark area, No ghosting, No glaring, No harsh to Eyes.
- 2.4 GHz LCD wireless remote control: it has a smart button to easily adjust brightness, CH and color temperature from 3300K to 5600K within 20 meters distance of camera video light.
- Excellent Compatibility.come with 1/4" hot shoe adapter ,you can easily attach it onto DV, Camera, tripod and light bracket. with HD LCD screen to make opertation more convenient and accurate .
If you’re looking for a professional lighting kit for mini-movies or short films, then grab hold of VILTROX Studio Lights Kit. This set includes three LED light panels that come with a remote, a light stand (that can go as high as 75 inches), and a hot shoe mount.
You’ll also get a free carrying bag when you buy this light kit. Although this light kit comes with a stand, you can still opt to attach them to a tripod.
The dimmable lights can be adjusted from 3300K warm light up to 5600K daylight. Plus, you can change the brightness from 20% to 100% using a 2.4G remote. To check the brightness setting, you can navigate to the LCD monitor display placed at the back.
Besides the impressive, adjustable brightness, the lights are also energy-efficient, with only 192 pieces of SMD (surface mount device) beads. Surprisingly, the light isn’t harsh to the eyes.
IVISII Desk Mount LED Video Light Kit
- [Super Bright & LCD Display] The keylight provides a color temperature of 3000-8000K with a CRI of 96+ and adjustable brightness (0%-100%), giving you warm-to-cool tones and super bright light. The changes will be visually observed on the LCD Display.
- [Remote Control & Multi Lights Control] The video light kit contains a remote control. And even sync as many video lights as you wish. One light can be set as the main controller to adjust other lights in the same channel and group to improves efficiency.utdoor interviews etc.
- [Dual Power Supply & Widely Use] To run the key lights, you either use two lithium batteries (Not Included) for outdoor or plug it on the wall outlet. Therefore, this LED video light kit is the perfect partner for indoor shooting, outdoor interviews etc.
- [Adjustable Desk Mount Light] The streamlined profile of the desk mount light stand stays out of your way. Simply clamp the pole mount to the desk, extend it to your ideal height. Big bag can store all accessories, which is protective and easy to carry.
Whether you’re filming a talk show in a studio for YouTube or live streaming, the IVISII desk mount LED video kit won’t let you down. This kit is ideal for long and continuous filming in one location. But make no mistake, this video light kit also performs well in outdoor filming activities.
The lights in this kit are not only lightweight but also adjustable to 180 degrees. It also comes with a free carrying bag.
Now let’s talk about the light quality. The light quality is definitely more than enough for casual vlogging or live streaming. This video lighting kit produces light with a color close to sunlight, and it is absolutely reliable for illuminating low-light situations.
It offers a wide color temperature range of 8000K to 3000K, allowing you to adjust the temperature range depending on your setting.
Boiling BL-P1 RGB LED Video Light
- 𝐖𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞: BL-P1 provides color temperature from 2500-8500k, it also has an intelligent temperature control protection system (unexpected high-temperature protection), which can easy to create kinds of lighting effect.
- 𝐑𝐆𝐁 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫 & 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐀𝐝𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞: 0-360 degree full color & color saturation adjustment. Natural color reproduction, accurate brightness adjustment from 0-100%.
- 9 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 & 360 𝐃𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦: 9 common scenario simulations, perfect for film-making, video shooting; 360degree adjustable bracket arm, prefect lighting supplement
- 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭-𝐢𝐧 2930𝐦𝐀𝐡 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲, 140 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐛𝐲 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞: Supports the quick charge via Qc3.0 intelligent charge. When it is used in full power that can support 140 mins working.
Last but definitely not least, the Boiling BL-P1 RGB LED Video Light. It features 2500 to 8500K amount of light in full brightness and color. It also comes with a temperature control protection system, preventing your kit from heating.
Aside from the heat control feature, this video light is equipped with a 2930mAh battery, an OLED digital screen, and a 360-degree bracket arm.
Being packed with features, we can confidently say that Boiling BL-P1 RGB LED video light is one of the best iPhone filmmaking lighting kits today.
If you’re using an iPhone for filmmaking, consider getting lighting kits to accompany your phone’s camera. Although iPhone cameras work exceptionally well alone, you can enhance your videos by getting lighting kits to modify your scenes.
Of course, while these kits are extremely helpful in making excellent videos, it all boils down to your expertise.
What is the best iPhone for videography?
The latest iPhone models are designed with a high-performing camera. For example, the Apple iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max features an extra Ultra-Wide camera lens and telephoto lens. The best thing about these phones is that the wide-angle shots won’t distort your footage, as opposed to GoPro cameras.
What is the best LED light for iPhone?
If you’re taking professional videos, we highly suggest getting the LUMIMUSE 8. For budget-friendly options, consider the Commlite CM-L50 LED Camera Video Light. to