Driving excellence in humanities education
EDSITEment is a partnership between the National Endowment for the Humanities and the National Trust for the Humanities.
EDSITEment offers free resources for teachers, students, and parents searching for high-quality K-12 humanities education materials in the subject areas of history and social studies, literature and language arts, foreign languages, arts, and culture.
All websites linked to EDSITEment have been reviewed for content, design, and educational impact in the classroom. They cover a wide range of humanities subjects, from American history to literature, world history and culture, civics, language, art, architecture, and archaeology, and have been judged by humanities specialists to be of high intellectual quality. EDSITEment is not intended to represent a complete curriculum in the humanities, nor does it prescribe any specific course of study.
The EDSITEment experience includes:
- Lesson plans composed of primary-source-rich activities suitable for elementary, middle school, high school, and Advanced Placement classrooms.
- Resources for National History Day projects, including “Ask an Expert” videos and Learning Lab collections specific to the annual theme.
- Teacher’s Guides that provide resources, project ideas, and access to NEH funded projects and programs on a variety of topics, eras, and people.
- Google Classroom compatible student activities that incorporate multi-media resources and interdisciplinary learning.
- Chronicling America, the database of historic newspapers from across the United States developed in collaboration with the Library of Congress.
- Resources for Constitution Day, heritage months, holidays, and more!