Select a virtual tile activity on the left to view the applet for that topic. See the list below for a more detailed description of each applet.
1) Modeling Expressions – Create a given algebraic expression with algebra tiles.
2) Simplifying Expressions – Practice finding and canceling zero pairs to simplify expressions. Great for practice with negatives.
3) Adding Polynomials – Practice adding and subtracting terms and polynomials with algebra tiles.
4) Solving One-Step Equations – Promotes a better understanding of why the algebraic steps work by practicing on simple one-step equations.
5) Solving Two-Step Equations – Expands on the understanding in one-step equations to include division as method for solving.
6) Multiplication – Use algebra tiles to visualize multiplication of terms, the distributive property, and binomial multiplication.
7) Factoring Trinomials – Use algebra tiles to visually and physically factor challenging trinomials.
8) Completing the Square – Literally complete a square to better understand and visualize this algebraic process.