The 10 Best Lenses for Capturing Breathtaking Product Photography and Videography
All Digital School is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Product photography and videography are the best way to showcase your products, turn your audience into paying customers, and present your products beautifully can make a huge impact on your business.
That being said, you must equip yourself with the best camera lenses for product photography. Whether it is food, jewelry, clothing, or furniture that you will be taking a photo of, using the right lens is what matters the most.
- 1 The best lenses for product photography and videography
- 1.1 Nikon AF=S VR Micro – NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G
- 1.2 Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8
- 1.3 Sigma 23-105mm F4.0 Art
- 1.4 Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm
- 1.5 Panasonic LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 45-175MM
- 1.6 Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens
- 1.7 Panasonic LUMIX G Lens, 25mm
- 1.8 Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G
- 1.9 Nikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G
- 1.10 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Lens
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 Related Questions
- 4 Related questions
The best lenses for product photography and videography
Nikon AF=S VR Micro – NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.03 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
The Micro-NIKKOR 105mm may look and feel chunkier than its previous versions, but it’s built for heavy-duty product photography, with metal construction that guarantees sturdiness.
Micro NIKKOR 105mm lens features Silent Wave Motor (SVM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) technology that allows for close-up and macro shots with impressive sharpness. Hence, we can boldly state that this is one of the best lenses for product photography.
This lens may not be zoomable, but the internal focus capability of this lens gives you a fast and quiet autofocusing that doesn’t change the length of the lens.
Even in low-light places, the f/2.8 aperture is fast enough to capture your object with impressive brilliance, making it stand out from the background.
Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background Blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast f/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably light weight (19.4 oz.) and compact (4.6 in). Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:2.9 (Wide); 1:4 (Tele)
- Close-focusing; minimum object distance: 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
- All-new “rxd” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
If you have a Sony mirrorless camera, then the Tamron 28-77mm lens is the perfect lens for you.
It has a moisture-resistant construction and a quiet AF unit “RXD” stepping motor that makes it one of the best lenses for product photography. It also features a fast f/2.8 aperture that brings out the best color rendition of any object in your photo.
This camera lens is best used when shooting moving subjects, thanks to its precise and high-speed AF that automatically detects the lens position to give you the best shot.
We highly recommend using this lens for taking photos or videos on sunny days, and you won’t have to worry about any annoying haze on your images or footage. The 0.19m Minimum Object Distance also makes this lens perfect not only for product photography but street, portrait, and cityscape photography as well.
Sigma 23-105mm F4.0 Art
- Offers stable and fine image quality from wide to mid-telephoto range
- This lens has a combination of fixed aperture and a good zoom ratio that is kept as high as possible
- minimum focusing distance of 45cm and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.6. great for close up photography;Includes Lens Hood, front & rear caps
- MC-11 Compatible
Sigma 23-105mm F4.0 is one of the best lenses for product photography and for several reasons. First, it can excellently focus even in dark places, which makes it even better for close-up shots.
Many photographers recommend this lens for its exceptional focus capability, made even better with its budget-friendly price. The reason behind the amazing focus ability of this lens is the Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) and Optical Stabilizer (OS) technology that compensates for any shakiness.
All in all, the Sigma 24-105mm is a high-tech lens that you shouldn’t miss out on. It has an installed lens firmware that you can update to adjust certain parameters, including the focus. So if you’re going to get this Sigma lens, make sure to always check Sigma’s official website for future updates.
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
- Compact all-in-one DX-format zoom lens that goes from wide-angle (18mm) to telephoto (140mm) for great snapshots and videos in just about any situation.
- Designed to draw peak performance from Nikon's new high-resolution image sensors. VR image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and videos in low-light situations and at telephoto distances.
- Get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject, then zoom in for dazzling macro-style close-ups. Superb NIKKOR optics, Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass for better contrast and Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing.
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18 is one of the best Nikon lenses for video. This lens can perform in almost any situation. It can take sharp and crisp photos from wide-angle shots, close-ups, and more. When going to an event, you don’t have to carry multiple lenses—the DX NIKKOR can cover all your photo/video needs.
The VR image stabilization feature of this lens allows you to take sharp videos even at low light conditions or telephoto distances. It also has an extra-low dispersion (ED) glass that will render better contrast in your images and videos. Lastly, the SVM allows for ultra-fast and quiet autofocusing.
Panasonic LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 45-175MM
No products found.
Do you have a Panasonic GH4 Camera? If yes, then the Panasonic LUMIX G lens is the perfect lens to partner it with.
This lens is light but heavy on features. It can zoom at a range of 45 to 175mm. Plus, the zoom capability is built internally, so the lens does not extend. It also has a power zoom feature that you can use for stills and videos.
The LUMIX G lens performs excellently at taking sharp photos, even in low-light situations. This is made possible by its powerful Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) feature. If you’re going to shoot in places with strong lighting, the Nano Surface Coating of this camera will minimize the flaring and ghosting.
Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent wave motor AF system. Accepts filter type is screw on. Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
The bokeh effect is widely used in product photography because, one, it focuses the shot on the main subject, and two, it blurs and beautifies the background.
When it comes to bokeh shots, the Nikon DX lens is one you can rely on. This product photography lens makes for a good dramatic bokeh effect on your image using the photo-subject isolation technique. For example, its fast f/1.8 max aperture is ideal for creating soft, blurred backgrounds.
This lens is compatible with FS and DX in DX crop mode formats and can perform well even in low-light places. Remember, the AF-S DX is a prime lens, which means it is not capable of zooming. Hence, when using this lens, you must adjust your own position closer or farther from your subject for a more optimal shot.
Panasonic LUMIX G Lens, 25mm
- Micro Four Thirds a versatile MFT 25 millimeter lens with a natural viewing angle Suitable for a wide variety of occasions (35 millimeter camera equivalent: 50 millimeter)
- F1.7 brightness beautiful background bokeh effect from its large diameter F1.7 aperture
- Super lightweight compact at only 125G/ 2.05 inches Length, Lens construction 8 elements in 7 groups (2 aspherical lenses, 1 UHR lens)
- Photo and video Hybrid photography enabled for both photo and HD video recording with quiet and smooth fast action stepping motor focusing
Panasonic does sure know how to make their cameras and lenses. This LUMIX G lens is one of the best lenses for product photography in the market today. Among the prominent features of this lens is its nano surface coating technology that reduces flaring and ghosting, which results in extremely crisp photos.
This lens is built for steady shots as it is not well-stabilized for handheld video capturing. Yet, this lens is capable of taking high-definition videos and photos.
Take note, this lens uses focus by wire (internal) instead of mechanical focusing (where you see the lens is actually extending). That said, you might experience a slight delay when manually adjusting the focus.
Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G
- 55-200mm zoom Nikon lens with f/4-5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- 2 extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements for minimized chromatic aberration and superior optics
- Silent Wave Motor produces quick and quiet high-speed autofocusing; weighs 9 ounces
- Measures 2.7 inches in diameter and 3.1 inches long; 1-year warranty
We can’t get enough of Nikon lenses. The Nikon 55-200mm offers superb results! At f/4 max aperture, this Nikon lens may not be the fastest among other Nikon lens models, but it sure can render amazing photos for your products.
This lens is perfect for still photo shoots and is best used with tripods on stationary surfaces. This lens offers a decent focal range and works perfectly in low-light conditions when equipped with the right lighting equipment.
Nikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1x), autofocus to 64 inches
- Close-range correction system (CRC). Silent wave motor (SWM)
This Nikon Micro-NIKKOR lens features a 1.0x max reproduction ratio and a 40mm focal length, making it one of the best lenses for product photography. Although this isn’t zoomable, it works perfectly with Nikon DSLRs for close-up shots.
The Micro-NIKKOR 40mm lens showcases excellent performance when it comes to taking bokeh shots, ensuring your object stands out naturally from its background.
Another thing we love about this is its f/2.8 lens that is fast and perfect for close-up shots with a narrow depth of field. Plus, the macro photography capability of this lens captures the most details in your subject.
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Lens
- Fast, upgraded f/1.8, compact FX format prime lens. The picture angle with 35 millimeter (135) format is 47 degree and the maximum reproduction ratio is 0.15X
- Focal length 50 millimeter, minimum focus distance 1.48 feet (0.45 meter)
- Newly developed optical system with aspherical lens element, exclusive Nikon silent wave motor (SWM)
- M/a focus mode switch, filter thread 58 millimeter, autofocus: Yes. Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera lens mounting flange): Approximately 2.83 inches diameter x 2.01 inches
While this Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm lens is not zoomable, it offers wider aperture settings to achieve crisp and natural-looking bokeh shots.
This lens is perfect for producing sharp images on the edges on both FX- and DX-format DSLRs. Thus, this is ideal for capturing quality product photos. If you take photos at wide apertures, the aspherical lens element (AS) of this lens eliminates aberrations on the photo.
This is perhaps one of the best Nikon lenses for videography, especially when set up to its final focus and aperture.
If you’re looking for the best lenses for product photography, consider the lenses listed above. Further, the quality of your photos and videos does not only rely on your lens. You must also consider your lighting setup, the place where you’re shooting in, your distance from your subject, and the size of the object.
What is the best lens for still photography?
Prime lenses are perfect for still-life photography. Consider the Micro-NIKKOR 105mm lens. This lens is quiet, fast, and can capture images pretty well, even in low-light areas.
What is the best camera for product photography?
We highly suggest using cameras with multi-focus capability and 4K photo and video capture quality for product photography. Check out the Panasonic LUMIX FZ804K
Which is the best camera for product photography?
In product photography, you want to capture every visual detail your product has. Panasonic Lumix FZ80 4K is best for this purpose with its multi-focus capability and 4K photo and video capture quality.
What is the best lens for still-life photography?
While most prime lenses won’t do well in low-light conditions, Micro-NIKKOR 105mm begs to differ. It’s quiet and fast and will capture most image details in any lighting condition.